A code of ethics is a set of principles of conduct that guide decision making and behavior. The purpose of the code is to provide members, and other interested persons with guidelines for making code of ethics in the conduct of their work.
3i (Integrity, Independence and Impartiality) is our corporate culture. 3i is at the core of Abel Inspection & Testing Technology Services (hereinafter the “AiT”). And 3i is the common thread through all our activities. The purpose of this Code is to lay down our rules of behaviour in all our dealings for AiT, and to provide guidance in our daily business.
These rules apply to all employees of AiT. Our agents, intermediaries, consultants and subcontractors shall also be required to comply with them. It is the responsibility of all of us, at all levels of our company, to comply with ,and live by, our code.
Each employee is responsible to comply with the code of ethics in his/her area of activity. All employees shall be informed about the code of ethics, and they shall receive training before they start to work in AiT.
These rules for code of ethics are based on the following aspects,
Integrity of services
Independence of services
Impartiality of services
Integrity of services
AiT’s success relies on the integrity of its employees, who abide by the following principles:
1. Improper advantages with the forms of bribes, gifts, excessive entertainment or kickbacks may be neither granted nor accepted, whether directly or indirectly, from any of the company’s customers, clients or suppliers.
2. All AiT employees have the responsibility to report any corrupt offer made to them or that involves the company. AiT is committed to maintaining close links with Law Enforcement authorities. And provide them with any possible assistance in tracking and prosecuting corruption.
3. No AiT employee shall, directly or through intermediaries, acquire an interest in a supplier, customer or competitor of AiT.
4. Conflicts of interests or the mere appearance of a conflict of interests in business transactions should be avoided. Because they can influence the judgement, even without your noticing it.
5. Any AiT employee activities for charitable contributions or sponsoring of events must comply with local law and have obtained prior clearance.
Independence of services for code of ethics
1. All our services must be provided in a professional, independent and impartial manner, honestly and in full compliance with AiT approved methods, practices and policies.
2. AiT does not surrender to any pressure from other third parties, suppliers, factories or clients in one area of our business in order to obtain a favourable treatment in another area.
3. All findings and results shall be accurately documented, and not be improperly changed. Reports shall reflect these results and findings, and the professional opinions obtained.
Impartiality of services for code of ethics
1. All Work must be carried out according to international inspection standards and our clients’ specification instructions.
2. AiT is committed to doing business with suppliers that comply with local labour laws regarding the employment of children and forced labour. Our teams of inspectors are required not to deal with any factory that employs children under 16 years of age and/or uses forced labour in China, in compliance with the existing labour regulations. It is their duty to inform you if this occurs. It is also our policy to discontinue a relationship with suppliers, who do not comply with local labour laws regarding the employment of children and forced labour and to denounce them to the local authorities.
3. Our clients and their suppliers are regularly informed of major developments and improvements relative to their orders through our expertise.
4. We are committed to compliance with all the national laws, legislations and regulations. In case of conflict between different national legislations, or legal ambiguity, our employees should seek advice from their management. We continually strive to put in place the necessary safeguards, to ensure that our policy is effectively implemented throughout our organization.